Tuesday 28 April 2015

Zespół pieśni i tańca Śląsk

I have no idea how to translate it into english. It will be probably something like "Song and dance group Śląsk", but I don't really know.  I don't want to zoom in the history of the group, I just want to share here my feelings about it. Last year, on june, my aunt received three tickets on a performance of Śląsk. She got it for free, and you know how you feel about things which you get for free, they should be kind of "not interesting" since nobody bought the tickets.


I have to be honest. I always like folk culture, music, clothes, I think this is very beautiful. But when I was thinking about dance group of folk, I was always perceived theme as amators who can follow only super easy steps, not really complex choreography and with not really good technique. Generally, they are mainly prepared to give a concert for country parties where people (I think) don't care so much about the quality of the performance. It should be nice, cheerful and colourful, and that satisfy theme enough. People in the city look for more 'entertaining' performance, mostly young people.


So having mixed feeling, I went on the concert, took my seat and was waiting for a group who's gonna be not really well-prepared, not really professional, just nice to look at, let's say. And after one hour I found out how wrong I had been ! The performance was amazing, I have to say, everything in it. Dancers, costumes, music, everything. I felled in love, totally. I came back home, and at once, I signed up for the workshops which are organised by Śląsk. By the way, ther're lovely as well. (Next part in the next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment